TD Pump It Up Contest Rules
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The “TD Pump It Up” Contest (“Contest”) ends at 4:00:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on Thursday October 3, 2013. The Sponsor for this Contest is The Toronto-Dominion Bank (“TD”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all students who are enrolled either full or part-time at one of the selected Universities or Colleges in Canada, as designated by TD (“Schools”), at the time of entering the Contest. For a complete list of the eligible Schools, visit http://www.TDPumpItUp.com. Employees, agents and representatives of TD and its subsidiaries and affiliates, its advertising and promotion agencies and their subsidiaries and affiliates, are not eligible to win, nor is any person with whom any such employee, agent or representative is domiciled.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
Voters: “Voter” means the person who accesses the Pump It Up Microsite (“Microsite”) at www.TDPumpItUp.com by either of the two (2) methods as set out below in section A, follows the onscreen instructions, supplies the information requested and then completes the voting procedure (also set out below) to vote in the Contest.
No Purchase Necessary: There is no cost to vote in the Contest. To vote in the Contest, the Voter must be eligible in accordance with these Contest Rules.
When a Voter registers for the Contest, they will be required to identify the School they are voting for. NOTE: Vote for YOUR School or you will not be able to get a ticket to the concert, if your School wins. Once you pick a School to vote for or you register, you cannot change your chosen School.
Go to the Microsite and register to Vote for your School by completing the Contest registration form with the requested information, password, and security response (“Registration Process”).
A) The following actions can generate votes (“Votes”) for your School:
(i) You access the Microsite by using your Facebook Account, complete the Registration Process and click “Submit”; and/or
(ii) You access the Microsite by using your school email address, complete the Registration Process, click “Submit” and confirm the email opt-in to the Contest that will be sent to you in a separate email.
Either of these actions will generate one (1) Vote for your School. Votes in the Contest are limited to a maximum of two (2) per Voter – one (1) for each method of login as set out above – for each Round (see below).
B) The following actions can generate Bonus votes (“Bonus Votes”) for your School:
(i) One (1) Bonus Vote can be generated by the Voter by clicking on “Take the Challenge” and viewing the “TD Canada Trust Student Bundle” content and correctly answering the trivia question. Bonus Votes in the Contest in this manner are limited to a maximum of one (1) per Voter registration for each Round;
(ii) One (1) Bonus Vote can be generated by the Voter by clicking on “Find Your TD Branch” and viewing the TD Branch Locator to locate the nearest Branch. Bonus Votes generated in this manner are limited to a maximum of one (1) per Voter registration for each Round; and
(iii) One (1) Bonus Vote can be generated by the Voter by clicking “Enter Twitter”. The Voter will then be asked to login to Twitter. This will open his/her Twitter Account and load the following copy in the text box: “I just voted for <school>. Help me win an awesome #PumpitUp concert for my school! Students Vote now tdpumpitup.com”. Votes in the Contest in this manner are limited to a maximum of one (1) per Voter registration for each Round.
Once a Voter has registered for the Contest in either or both methods as set out in section A above, they are registered and can generate Bonus Votes as set out in section B above, either at the time of the original entry, or they can return to the Microsite any number of times thereafter, up to the end date of each round of competition (“Round”), as described below, to complete any or all of the actions which can generate Bonus Votes. After Bonus Vote(s) are generated, they will be automatically generated in each successive Round that the Voter votes in. NOTE: If your school advances to the next Round, in order to Vote again you must go to “Already Registered? Log in here” and following the instructions. Votes (both Votes and Bonus Votes) in the Contest in both of these ways (sections A and B above) are limited to a maximum of a total of two (2) Votes per Voter registration method of login set out in section A and a maximum of a total of three (3) Bonus Votes per Voter per Round for the duration of the Contest.
If it is discovered that attempts were made by a Voter (or any individual purporting to be a Voter) to: (i) exceed the maximum number of Votes or Bonus Votes provided by these Contest Rules; (ii) use multiple names, email addresses, identities and/or any automated, script, macro or robotic program(s) to submit Votes or Bonus Votes; or (iii) engage in systematic voting from the same computer/IP address; then it may result in the disqualification, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, of the Votes, and/or Voter to which such Votes relate. Any Votes determined by Sponsor to be in violation of these Rules (including, without limitation, Votes determined to come from any source other than a Voter are subject to disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor).
All Votes and Bonus Votes are subject to verification. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor) from any Voter (or any individual purporting to be a Voter) to participate (i.e. Vote) in this Contest or for any Votes registered, or purportedly registered, by such Voter to be considered valid for the purposes of this Contest. Failure to provide such proof in a timely manner may result in disqualification of the applicable Votes that cannot be verified to the satisfaction of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Vote and/or Bonus Vote in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
IMPORTANT: Individuals may encourage other eligible students to vote for their School; however, no form of incentive, inducement, prize or chance of receiving any incentive, inducement, or prize may be offered as part of such encouragement in furtherance of receiving such individual’s vote for any School. Any individual determined by the Sponsor and/or its representative to be engaging in such behaviour will be disqualified, and the corresponding Votes and/or Voter is subject to disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
Each of the Schools will be categorized into one (1) of three (3) divisions (“Divisions”) based on the Schools’ student enrollment numbers, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, hereinafter designated as the Featherweight, Lightweight and Heavyweight Divisions.
The Contest will be a Tournament format in two (2) parts, consisting of: one (1) initial Qualifying Round followed by three (3) Tournament Rounds.
Part 1: QUALIFYING ROUND: At the commencement of the Contest Period, all eligible Schools, chosen at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, can participate in the Qualifying Round. At this stage, eligible Schools must gather as many Votes as possible. ONLY the eight (8) Schools in each Division that receive the highest percentage of Votes, based on their student enrollment, will advance to PART 2: Tournament Rounds (as described below). If the tie occurs in the Qualifying Round, TD shall, in its sole and absolute discretion decide the tie in favour of the School that received all of its Votes first and that School will advance to the Tournament Round. The Qualifying Round will run from August 27, 2013 (4:00:00 p.m. EDT) to September 16, 2013 (10:00:00 a.m. EDT).
Part 2: TOURNAMENT ROUNDS 1, 2 and 3: At the commencement of the first Tournament Round, the eight (8) Schools in each Division with the most Votes will be ranked one (1) to eight (8), with one (1) representing the most amount of Votes received and eight (8) representing the least amount of Votes received. These Schools will then be paired off into brackets in their Division using their standing from the Qualifying Round as follows: 1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7, 3 vs. 6, and 4 vs. 5. Each School will then compete against one (1) other School in the same Division for a first Tournament Round for the specified time period set out below. The one (1) School in each bracket that receives the highest percentage of Votes, based on their student enrollment, will advance to the second Tournament Round in their applicable Division. At the commencement of the second Tournament Round, the four (4) winning Schools in each Division from the previous round will be ranked one (1) to four (4), with one (1) representing the most amount of Votes received and four (4) representing the least amount of Votes received. These Schools will then be paired off into brackets in their Division as follows: 1 vs. 2, and 3 vs. 4. Each School will then compete against one (1) other School in the same Division for a second Tournament Round for the specified time period set out below. The one (1) School in each bracket that receives the highest percentage of Votes, based on their student enrollment, will advance to the third Tournament Round. At the commencement of the third Tournament Round, the two (2) winning Schools in each Division from the previous round will be ranked one (1) and two (2), with one (1) representing the most amount of Votes received and two (2) representing the second most amount of Votes received. These Schools will then compete against each other in their Division for a third Tournament Round for the specified time period set out below. The one (1) School in each Division that receives the highest percentage of Votes, based on their student enrollment, will win Part 2: Tournament Rounds. In the event that two (2) or more Schools each have an identical highest percentage of Votes rating in the same Division, in any Tournament Round, the School that has received the highest percentage of Votes (based on their student enrollment) cumulatively from all Rounds played to that point, will advance to the next Tournament Round.
The Tournament Rounds will run as follows:
Round 1 - September 17, 2013 (10:00:00 a.m. EDT) to September 23, 2013 (10:00:00 a.m. EDT)
Round 2 - September 23, 2013 (4:00:00 p.m. EDT) to September 30, 2013 (10:00:00 a.m. EDT)
Round 3 – September 30, 2013 (4:00:00 p.m. EDT) to October 3, 2013 (4:00:00 p.m. EDT)
The computer of the independent agency administering this Contest shall be deemed to be the official Contest clock and all times shall be Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”).
4. SCHOOL WINNERS: In each Division, at the end of the Contest Period, the School that receives the highest percentage of Votes, based on their student enrollment will be declared the potential winning School. In the event that two (2) or more Schools each have an identical highest percentage of Votes rating in the same Division, the School that has received the highest percentage of Votes (based on their student enrollment) cumulatively from all Rounds played to that point, will be declared the potential winning School. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Votes relative to School student enrolment in each Round.
The potential winning Schools will be provided with specific instructions on what they are required to do in order to claim the concert prize (“Prize”). If a designated representative for the School fails to complete the instructions provided to claim the Prize within the time limits indicated (including correctly answering a skill-testing mathematical question without mechanical or other assistance and executing a Declaration and Release), TD reserves the right to void that School’s eligibility and select another potential winning School. Prizes will be awarded only upon final approval by TD. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and no substitution, transfer, conversion or assignment of Prizes will be allowed, unless at the discretion of TD which may substitute a prize of comparable or greater value. Each Prize has an approximate retail value of three hundred thousand Canadian dollars ($300,000 CDN).
Once the winning Schools have been determined, each eligible Voter from the winning School in each Division will receive an email with instructions for obtaining his/her ticket to the concert on a first-come, first-served basis. NOTE: Each Voter must bring a valid Student Card (with first and last name matching the name on the Contest registration form) to be eligible to obtain his/her ticket. If the Votes were generated through the TD Pump It Up App and the information provided to the App does not match the name on the Student Card, then TD may require the presentation of satisfactory information to verify the identity of the Voter. TD customers who voted in the Contest will receive priority access for a chance to get ticket(s) but must show a valid TD Canada Trust Access Card, TD Visa* Card or other documentation to prove their TD customer status. Any TD customer who receives ticket(s) will also receive a lanyard that allows them to bypass the line in to the concert. In any event, TD shall, in its sole and absolute discretion, decide and distribute all tickets as it sees fit.
NOTE: It is anticipated that concerts will take place in the last two weeks of November 2013, in the sole and absolute discretion of the TD, depending upon the availability of the bands and concert venues involved. The Schools are not involved in the administration of this Contest or the concerts in any way. TD bears no responsibility if, for any reason beyond its control, including illness or force majeure, the concert cannot proceed as planned. Each ticket recipient must be able to attend the concert on the date designated by the Sponsor or such recipient will forfeit the ticket.
5. CONTEST GENERAL RULES: By voting in the Contest, Voters agree to abide by these Contest Rules and the decisions of TD, which are final. All Voters release and forever discharge the Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective affiliated companies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising or to arise by reason of his/her participation in the Contest and/or the administration of the Contest, including, without limitation, the selection and awarding of the Prizes. TD will not be responsible for late, lost, invalid, illegible, delayed, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected Votes/Prize claims. All Votes/Prize claims become the property of TD, and will not be returned. TD shall in no way bear any liability whatsoever regarding any of the Prizes. In no event shall TD be liable for any special, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with the Microsite, this Contest and/or the Prizes, however arising, including negligence. In the event that TD may choose to sponsor a similar Contest in a subsequent year, TD reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion, to select schools for participation in such subsequent Contest based on the rates of participation of the Schools’ Voters in this Contest,
6. DISQUALIFICATION: TD is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, including but not limited to acting in violation of these Contest Rules, attempting to participate in the Contest more than the maximum number of times allowed per Round; to be acting with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Contest; or to be otherwise acting in an unsportsmanlike manner, as determined by TD will be disqualified. The discovery of any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Contest will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same in the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of TD, which, in the sole and absolute opinion of TD, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper entry into the Contest, TD reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, subject to approval of the Régie, to suspend or terminate this Contest.
7. QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping parties reach a settlement.
8. REST OF CANADA: For residents of all other Provinces/Territories outside Quebec, any litigation must be commenced in the City of Toronto, Ontario.
9. APPLICABLE LAWS: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
10. PRIVACY: By Voting in this Contest, you consent to the collection, use and sharing of information about you between Diamond Integrated Marketing, Twist Image and TD for the purpose of administering this Contest in accordance with the TD Privacy Code at www.td.com/privacy.